Our Privacy Statement applies to the NSCC website (nscc.sg, the “Website”). This Privacy Statement sets out how we collect, use or disclose personal data that you have provided to us through the Website. By visiting the Website, you are accepting and consenting to the collection, use and disclosure of personal data described in this Privacy Statement.
For more information on this Privacy Statement, please contact the National Supercomputing Centre (“NSCC”) at [[email protected]].
What we collect
We may collect personal data such as your name, email address, birth date, gender, home address, contact information, citizenship, NRIC, educational background, and Internet Protocol addresses (“Personal Data”) when you:
- Visit the Website with a cookies-enabled browser [or (if applicable) register a user account with the Website];
- Submit a CV, job application, grant application, scholarship application, or any comment, question or feedback to us;
- Subscribe to our mailing lists for email, post or phone updates (via voice calls)]; and
- Disclose your Personal Data to us through the Website in any way
How we use your personal data
NSCC, and our third party service providers as the case may be, may use your Personal Data:
- To facilitate your access to the Website or the creation of your user account with the Website;
- To evaluate your Website preferences and for the maintenance of the Website;
- To evaluate and manage your online application;
- To send you updates via email, post or telephone where appropriate; and
- To answer your queries or provide you with assistance in any other way
How we share your personal data
In order to provide the above services to you, we may share your Personal Data with the following entities:
- Our related entities, including subsidiaries, operations groups, corporate groups, functionalised units, and research institutes (collectively, the “A*STAR GROUP”);
- Third-party service providers (such as subcontractors, agents or network operators) who are employed to perform business and administrative functions;
- Third party businesses with whom we collaborate;
- Government bodies
As some third parties may be located outside of Singapore, your Personal Data may be transferred out of Singapore from time to time. Such transfers will be carried out in accordance with the relevant data protection laws. Third parties, with the exception of Government bodies, are subject to confidentiality obligations and may only use your Personal Data to perform the necessary functions and not for other purposes.
NSCC may also disclose personal data as permitted or required by law.
- To identify the causes of problems arising at web servers and to resolve these problems;
- To improve the contents of the Website;
- To customise the content of the Website and our emails to suit your individual interests or purposes;
- To utilise your browsing history on the Website for demographic research; and
- To obtain aggregated website visitation statistics which are anonymous in nature.
Links to third party websites
The Website may contain links to other third party websites and microsites, whose privacy practices may differ from those of NSCC. If you submit Personal Data to any of those sites, your Personal Data is not subject to this Privacy Statement.
We encourage you to review the privacy statement of any site you visit. By clicking on or activating such links and leaving the Website, we can no longer exercise control over any data or information which you give to any other entity after leaving the Website. Any access to such other sites or pages is therefore entirely at your own risk.
Retention of information
Your Personal Data will be retained for as long as it is necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it is collected or for business or legal purposes, or in accordance with applicable laws.
Should you choose to unsubscribe from our mailing list, if your application is rejected or if you no longer work with NSCC, please note that your Personal Data may still be retained on our database to the extent permitted by law.
We take reasonable measures to keep your Personal Data secure, but we cannot be held liable for any loss you may suffer for unauthorised access or loss of any data provided to the Website.
We may, but are not obliged to, post a notice on the Website if a security breach occurs, or send an email to you at the email address you have provided to us in these circumstances.
Accessing and amending your personal data
You may review and amend your Personal Data at any time by signing into your user account and selecting “Update Profile” or equivalent, or unsubscribe from newsletter here, or by contacting our DPO.
You may also contact our DPO to withdraw your consent to our use of your Personal Data. Please allow ten (10) working days for your request to be processed.
Changes to privacy statement
Any changes we may make to our privacy statement in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our privacy statement. Any changes we may make to our privacy statement in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our privacy statement.
All other questions on our use of your Personal Data should be addressed to our DPO, whom you may contact at [[email protected]].