NSCC Singapore was established in 2015 and manages Singapore’s first national petascale facility with available high performance computing (HPC) resources. As a National Research Infrastructure funded by the National Research Foundation (NRF), we support the HPC research needs of the public and private sectors, including research institutes, institutes of higher learning (IHLs), government agencies and companies.
With the support of its stakeholders, NSCC catalyses national research and development initiatives, attracts industrial research collaborations and enhances Singapore’s research capabilities. NSCC’s current stakeholders include:
NSCC has been tasked to leverage HPC to advance Singapore’s strategic interests, boost national initiatives and facilitate industry transformation using HPC in areas like visualisation, modelling, simulation, big data analytics and artificial intelligence. As a national strategic technological platform, NSCC has the mandate to enhance industry competence, capacity and competitive advantage in the use of HPC in all relevant fields such as computational science, analytics, engineering, advanced manufacturing, genomics, biomedicine and healthcare, among many others.
As such, NSCC has established partnerships and collaborations with local and overseas educational institutions, industry bodies, healthcare institutions and research centres to increase accessibility to and support through HPC. Key partnerships include:
- MoU between ITE and NSCC to boost its applied Artificial Intelligence projects
- MoU between Singapore Polytechnic and NSCC to support its AI programmes and local enterprises in their digital transformation journey
- MoU between NSCC, SingAREN, the Quantum Engineering Programme of NUS and Finland’s CSC-IT Centre for Science to explore links between Finland and Singapore and more secure ways of protecting data transfer through quantum technology
- MoU between Singapore LNG Corporation Pte Ltd, NSCC, NUS and Surbana Jurong to explore the development of a Proof-of-Value for a Green Modular Data Centre System
- Agreement between Japan’s Research Organization for Information Science and Technology (RIST) and NSCC to grant Singapore researchers regular access to Japan’s Fugaku supercomputer
- Agreement between National University Health System (NUHS) and NSCC to build a petascale national supercomputing resource to support AI programmes at public healthcare institutions
NSCC is thus keen to work with domain experts and coordinators in various Research & Development fields to achieve its aims. NSCC is committed to helping educational institutions train future generations of HPC-enabled workforce to help Singapore maintain its competitiveness.
For more information and to find out how you can be a user and stakeholder of the national supercomputing resource, please write to [email protected].