Open Calls from Japanese HPCI
HPCI is a shared computational environment that connects the major supercomputers as well as storages in Japan via high-speed networks (SINET5). For more details on the current available project calls, please refer to the Open Calls from Japanese HPCI announcement and the information below.
1. Urgent Call for Fighting against COVID-19
・ Available resource: See the appendix table (*Note* Fugaku is not included) in the Open Calls from Japanese HPCI.
・ Duration: Up to six months until the end of March 2021
・ Usage charge: None
・ Proposal Submission: Call issued on April 15, 2020 and is open until further notice.
For more information, go to https://www.hpci-office.jp/pages/e_hpci_covid19
2. Call for proposals for research projects using the HPCI System in FY2021
The shared use of the supercomputer Fugaku is scheduled to start in Japanese Fiscal Year 2021. This call is targeted towards projects promising to yield achievements using the computational
resources of the HPCI system as well as the flagship system Fugaku in FY 2021.
For more information, go to https://www.hpci-office.jp/pages/e_r03_boshu
3. Call for Startup Preparation Projects for Japan’s Fugaku Supercomputer*
・ Available resource: RIKEN R-CCS Supercomputer Fugaku
- Now – 28 February 2021, 2359 hrs+
(for consultation with NSCC before submission to Japan’s HPCI)
- Now – 31 March 2021, 2359 hrs
(for direct application to Japan’s HPCI)
Project Period: Up to six months until the end of March 2021
For more information, go to https://www.hpci-office.jp/pages/e_fugaku_prelim
- Singapore research projects in all relevant fields (eg. genetics, advanced modelling & simulation, biomedicine, materials development, etc.) with requirements for advanced high performance computing (HPC) resources
- Singapore research projects which are at the forefront of HPC and with the potential for national and global high-impact outcomes (eg. requiring vast amounts of HPC resources, potential for high-impact outcomes or deliverables, etc.)
- Please refer to the Application Procedure for more details
- Your application will be processed locally and NSCC will work with you in putting up a project proposal to RIST, the organisation administering the project calls to Fugaku
- NSCC will be working with R-CCS and RIST to facilitate the project proposals and the access to Fugaku
For more information about Fugaku and how to access it please visit https://fugaku100kei.jp/e/exhibit/