- This event has passed.
DDN User Group
March 11 @ 1:30 pm - 6:00 pm
DDN USER GROUP
TIME: 1.30pm –6.00pm
VENUE: Room 303, Level 3, Suntec Singapore Convention & Exhibition Centre
Since the 1950s, the increasing use of computers has transformed many domains of research—ranging from molecular dynamics to climate research or astronomy—through increasingly powerful computer simulations. Over the past decades, advances in instruments and sensors for data ingest, together with the spread of GPU computing, and enhanced by new approaches to data analysis and artificial intelligence, have provided scientists with a new set of tools that connect large empirical data and computation in a novel, and exciting way.
Scalable storage environments that provide sufficient performance for data ingest and analysis is an important ingredient for this new approach to research computing. Our focus in this DDN User Group is on new applications and approaches, supported by scalable high-performance storage, to harness the power of Big Data and AI in industry and research.
- 13:30Opening DDN & Whamcloud User Group by Mr. Atul Vidwansa, DDN
- Session 1: AI & Big Data
- 13:40 ABCI and its Storage Architecture by Hirotaka OGAWA, Ph.D., Leader, AI Cloud Research Team, AI Research Center, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST), Japan
- 14:20 Customer Keynote: “GPGPU Driven Data Warehousing for Enterprise Messaging Services on All-Flash Storage” by Mr. Ajit Singh, Sr. Vice President Engineering, ACL-Mobile
- 14.50 Partner Update: NVIDIA DGX Ready Data Centre by Dr. Gabriel Noaje, Senior Solutions Architect, NVIDIA
- 15.15 High-Performance File Storage for Containerized Environments by Mr. Shuichi Ihara, DDN
- 15:40 Tea Break
- Session 2: Accelerating Data-Intensive Science
- 16:00 Partner Update: GPU Enhanced, Accurate, scalable genomic analysis for the planet by Mehrzad Samadi, CEO, Parabricks
- 16:20 DDN Product & Roadmap Update by Mr. Nobu Hashizume, DDN
- 16.35 ExaScaler for HPC, Big Data & AI by Mr. Carlos Thomaz, DDN
- Session 3: Industry Positions: HPC, Big Data, and AI in Advancing Research
- Panel Discussion: Impact of AI on the Future of Business & Technology
Moderator: Prof Tan Tin Wee, NUS & NSCC, Singapore
- 16:55 Industry: ACL Mobile by Vineet Jain, CTO & Co-founder
- 17:10 Life Sciences: Parabricks by Mehrzad Samadi, CEO
- 17.25 Technology Provider: DDN Storage by Robert Triendl, EVP Worldwide Sales
- 17:40 Data Reduction and Noisy Machine Learning in High-throughput Single Particle Imaging by Dr. Duane Loh, NUS Center for Bio-imaging Sciences
- 17:55 Closing Remarks by Mr. Atul Vidwansa, DDN (5mins)
For enquiries, please contact [email protected]
*Note: This agenda is subject to change.