Second Call for Applications on ASPIRE 1:
Resources Allocation Period:
1 Jan 2019 – 31 Dec 2019
21 Sept 2018 – 19 Oct 2018
Registration is now closed
(Please note that late applications will not be considered)
In July 2017, the National Supercomputing Centre (NSCC) Singapore started allocating resources on a per-project basis for users who require resources beyond the personal quota of 50 GB storage and 100,000 CPU core hours. NSCC is committed to continuing in supporting national research and development initiatives, attracting industrial research collaborations and enhancing Singapore’s research capabilities through the project allocation cycles.
A call for project allocations on NSCC ASPIRE 1 will be published twice a year. The resources allocation period and application period for the upcoming calls are as follows:
|Resources Allocation Period||Application Period (Tentative)|
|1 Jan 2019 – 31 Dec 2019||Second Call: September 2018|
|1 Jul 2019 – 30 Jun 2020||Third Call: March 2019|
The project allocations are reviewed by the Policy and Resource Allocation Committee (PRAC) and Technical Resource Allocation Committee (TRAC) with representatives from the NSCC stakeholders, based on scientific merits and technical feasibility.
Eligibility & Requirement
- Applicants must be from a NSCC stakeholder organisation (A*STAR, NUS, NTU and SUTD) with a valid NSCC account. If you belong to one of stakeholder organisations and do not have an account yet, please apply for one at https://user.nscc.sg. (If you do not belong to one of the stakeholder organisations and you wish to make use of NSCC’s resources, please write to [email protected] for more information.)
- The applicant should be the Principal Investigator (PI) or the supervisor of the project. If required, the PI may authorise a team member to submit the application on their behalf.
- The Principal Investigator (PI) is responsible for the application and management of the project resources.
- Resources requested should be at least 50 GB of storage space and 50,000 CPU core hours.
Please take note that member/s of accepted projects may be selected for an oral presentation or be required to do a poster presentation of their project at NSCC’s annual Supercomputing Asia (SCA) conference in Singapore.
Resource Approval Criteria
The criteria for resource request approval include:
- – Scientific merits of the project
- – Quality and completeness of the application
- – Track record of the applicant (based on deliverables achieved and resources utilisation for previously approved projects, if any.)
- – Expected deliverables (e.g. number of patents, publications and postgraduate students etc.)
- NSCC ASPIRE 1 Facility Information: https://help.nscc.sg/softwarehardware-information/
- NSCC ASPIRE 1 Software List: https://help.nscc.sg/software-list/
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ): https://help.nscc.sg/faqs/
- NSCC Projects Portal: https://projects.nscc.sg/
For any queries with regards to resources allocation, please contact us at [email protected]
If you are a non-stakeholder, please contact us at [email protected] for more information.